After withstanding years of continual attacks, Israelis in the south endured weeks of rocket fire during Operation Protective Edge.
Federation was there. Ready to help. We raised $55 million and sent it directly to where it was needed the most. More than half of the funds were allocated by The Jewish Federations of North America and the rest by individual Federations.
Funds were allocated to address a wide array of needs:
- A fear-free day for tens of thousands of families
- Meeting basic needs of elderly, disabled and other Israelis trapped at home
- Relief for Israel’s bravest, from hospital workers to lone soldiers in the IDF
- Trauma support and spiritual counseling
- Rebuilding and strengthening vibrant communities in the South
- Fortifying regional networks of support
- Providing economic recovery for businesses and local nonprofits
- Assisting students in the South
- Empowering and training new leadership
- Investing in Improving Our Response to emergencies
The Stop the Sirens Response Partners: The Jewish Agency for Israel, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Israel Trauma Coalition, World ORT, Ethiopian National Project, Masorti Movement, Israel Movement for Reform and Progressive Judaism, Matnas Sderot and JFNA in partnership with local organizations
In our infographic, you can see how JFNA funds were spent.