One year ago, the tragic deaths of Gilad Shaer, Naftali Fraenkel and Eyal Yifrach evoked an outpouring of solidarity from Federations and Jewish communities throughout the world. Today their families announced the creation of Unity Day to honor their memories.
A major Jewish philanthropist and donor to Jewish Federations signs a pledge to donate over half his fortune to charity. In two op-eds, JFNA’s former Associate Vice President, Planned Giving and Endowments discusses how local Federations can increase endowments and focus on individual donors.
- JTA - Jewish philanthropist Harold Grinspoon signs Giving Pledge on donating over half his wealth
- eJewish Philanthropy (op-ed) - Growing the capacity of endowment development to meet needs in the Jewish Federation system
- eJewish Philanthropy (op-ed) – Permanent giving for endowment purposes, our expectations for the future and suggestions for success
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Houston, New York, Springfield (Ill.) and the Quad Cities.
- My Fox Houston – Meyerland moves forward after flood
- JTA – Jewish social service agency now New York’s largest
- WICS – Mobile Food Pantry stops in Springfield
- Quad-Cities Dispatch Argus - Q-C man with inoperable cancer wants to ‘give back the love’
Please login to leave a comment