Jewish Federations will join with 43 other nonprofit organizations in calling for presidential candidates to support keeping the federal charitable tax deduction intact. Federation-funded Jewish Agency shares disappointment over Israeli cabinet vote to overturn a landmark proposal that would have reformed the country’s conversion process.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy – Nonprofit coalition to press presidential contenders to protect charitable deduction
- New York Times – Israeli cabinet rejects measure to ease Jewish conversions
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Pittsburgh, Rochester, Hartford and the Quad Cities.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (op-ed) – Christians and Jews must fight hate
- Democrat and Chronicle – Woman rabbi has critical role in community
- Hartford Courant – Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford and ADL offer community pro-active security briefing
- Quad-City Times – Israeli Scouts bring culture, fun, energy to Quad-Cities