Ten years after Katrina, the Jews of New Orleans and Houston (and their Federations) remain bound by a flood of emotion and caring. Jeffrey R. Solomon, president of the Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies, writes on the role of Federations and how he says the Iran nuclear agreement is creating divides in the community.
- New York Jewish Week – The tides that bind
- eJewish Philanthropy (op-ed) - A Heritage Lost: The Federations and Iran
Meanwhile, Federations are highlighted in Philadelphia, San Antonio, Broward County and Springfield, Illinois.
- The York Dispatch – York County lawmakers return from Israeli fact-finding trip
- San Antonio Express-News – Vandals hit second synagogue
- Florida Sun-Sentinel – Local Maccabi Games are a hit
- Illinois Times – Faith and practice